Tuesday 24 April 2012

My first fussy post!!

Hi all, this blog is for all you fussy eaters out there.
I'm from a family of fussy eaters, my mum has one-hundred-and-one allergies, my dad is vegetarian and on top of that I recently discovered that I can't have gluten. So as you can imagine, the three of us living and eating under one roof makes for some tough dinner ideas.

I am 19, with a passion for food, I went to university and spent a year studying music, I hated the whole experience, so left to find something I really enjoyed. I am currently working at a Cafe, I love making people their dinners and chilling with all the regulars, but one day I really want to open a place of my own. I'm not in to posh eating, I like proper eating, but a lot of food on offer to us in restaurants, cafes, and even in the supermarket is not friendly to us fussy eaters. This HAS to change!

In this blog I want to help people with dinner ideas and recipes for some special treats. As well as this I want to help those of you who think you can't eat out.

Thats all for now,

Love and hugs

Fussy Eater
x

4 comments:

  1. I only have 100 allergies! I'm not as bad as you make out ;-)

    Fabulous blog idea! Look forward to reading your updates. Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a really good idea for a blog. I like your site. Do vegetarians count as fussy eaters? Do you have any recipes for frying gnocchi which I'm told makes a really good meal for veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few gnocchi recipes actually that I want to put up here, but they're all boiled gnocchi I think. for frying gnocchi though, I'd just keep it simple and put with some spring onions and some red pesto. To fry the gnocchi you just need to have a reasonable sized and good quality frying pan and be generous with the olive oil, wait until the oil is hot and then put in the gnocchi, don't stir it for a few mins, just leave it. Once a few mins has gone by add the chopped spring onions, stir it until cooked (about 3 - 5 mins on high heat) and then lastly add pesto. Thats all you need to do. Hope thats of interest.

    Love and Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, will give that a go. XXX

    ReplyDelete