Thursday 26 April 2012

Gluten free at the supermarket

Walking around tesco last night with my dad, it really hit me how expensive the free from section is. On top of that, all the food has more ingredients than at all necessary, tastes bad AND is all unhealthy food. Chocolates, biscuits, cakes and ready meals. The truth of that matter is that the non freefrom alternative is just as unhealthy. With food with so many ingredients, we really shouldn't be happy putting them in our body's. I know it's difficult to change habits of a life time, where after a long day you just want a 30" pizza, but after reading plenty of articles on this subject this morning, it's clear to me that in order to have a balanced vegetarian and gluten free diet (and for some of you dairy/nut/allergy free diet) we need to use a wider range of healthier foods in our diets. We need to completely exclude all packaged and processed foods, and stop trying to find gluten free equivalents to our old gluten and meat foods. This will be a challenge for me, especially when feeding my boyfriend, who is a big fan of tesco/sainsburys/asdas basics food that costs 50p but is poison to your body. It's a whole new aspect to learning to cook. I hope more of you can join with me on this new adventure with food.

Love and hugs,

Fussy eater
X

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. Not that I EVER want a 30" pizza! Do you have a Followers section yet? XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the Followers section - just that they are not displayed so it confused me. Easily confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I'm convinced... disappointed that I am going to have to reduce my pizza size to below 30" however we are willing to test all gluten free food free of charge.

    ReplyDelete